Saturday 2 March 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Vernier-Palliez and Michael Rye.
The Kaiser, the Beast of Berlin, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1918 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Bernard Vernier-Palliez: French diplomat and businessman, who served as ambassador to the USA, 1981-1984.
- Michael Rye: American actor (d. 2012).
- New York Yankees purchase first baseman George Burns from Detroit Tigers and immediately trades him to Philadelphia Athletics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?