Wednesday 2 October 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Todd and William Marshall.
Mister Wiskey, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Lady of the Decoration by Frances Little was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1907 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Lord Todd: Chemist.
- William Marshall: Producer / director / actor / singer (Blackmail).
- Alexander R Todd: Baron Todd, Scottish chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Victor Paz Estenssoro: Bolivian politician (d. 2001).
- Walter Bestmann: German Nazi military figure, an Oberführer (Senior Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Elisabeth Gording: Norwegian actress. She studied acting, dance, and mime in Vienna. She had her stage debut in October 1932.
- Jean Pheulpin: French engraver and designer of postage stamps, who received the 'Grand Prix de l'art philatélique français' for his "Éléphant" series (Laos, 1958).
- Alexander Todd: Scottish biochemist whose research prepared the way for DNA analysis and was recognized with the 1957 Nobel Prize for Chemistry. An aristocrat, he was titled the Baron Todd of Trumpington.
- Víctor Estenssoro: Bolivian politician 52nd President of Bolivia (d. 2001)
- Phillies Eddie Grant goes 7 for 7 in a doubleheader vs. Giants
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?