Wednesday 2 October 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Todd and William Marshall.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1907 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Alexander Todd: Scottish biochemist whose research prepared the way for DNA analysis and was recognized with the 1957 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
- William Marshall: Producer / director / actor / singer (Blackmail).
- Alexander R Todd: Baron Todd, Scottish chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Victor Paz Estenssoro: Bolivian politician (d. 2001).
- Lord Todd: Chemist.
- Elisabeth Gording: Norwegian actress.
- Jean Pheulpin: French engraver and designer of postage stamps, who received the 'Grand Prix de l'art philatélique français' for his "Éléphant" series (Laos, 1958).
- Víctor Estenssoro: Bolivian politician 52nd President of Bolivia (d. 2001).
- Walter Bestmann: German Nazi military figure, an Oberführer (Senior Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Phillies Eddie Grant goes 7 for 7 in a doubleheader vs. Giants