Friday 2 September 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Prévot .
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1921 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Gérard Prévot: Belgian writer, one of the great 20th-century authors of 'fantastique' literature, a French term for a literary and cinematic genre that overlaps with science fiction, horror and fantasy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?