Saturday 2 October 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Cramond and Abraham Dreisezun.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1920 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- William Cramond: Psychiatrist / vice-chancellor (Stirling University).
- Abraham Dreisezun: Kansas City Military man.
- Max Bruch: German composer and conductor who studied at Cologne Conservatory, and, from 1858-1861, taught music in Cologne, where he wrote the opera "Loreley.
- Only tripleheader of century (Reds win 13-4, 7-3 then Pirates win 6-0)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- When Night Descends - John McCormack