Sunday 3 April 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steins;Gate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL or Carnival Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 April 2011 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 April
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Authorities ban the publication of the main opposition paper ''Al Wasat''. (''Malaysia Star'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi continue to shell the western city of Misrata. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Syria tightens security to crack down on anti-government protests. (FoxNews)
- President Bashar al-Assad appoints Adel Safar as Prime Minister to form a new government. (newser)
- The United States Government offers free flights out of Syria to its employees. (Reuters)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Anti-government opposition coalition unveils plan to end month-long unrest. (''Haaretz'')
- At least 40 people are dead and 100 injured following a Taliban suicide bomb on a Sufi Muslim shrine in Pakistan. (''The Scotsman'')
- The People's Republic of China detains Ai Weiwei, a leading artist and dissident, as part of a crackdown on dissenting views. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Taylor Swift wins the Entertainer of the Year award at the Academy of Country Music Awards 2010 with Miranda Lambert winning four awards including Female Vocalist of the year. (AP)
- The bodies of two dead workers are found at the afflicted Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant in Japan. (''New York Times'')
- The wreckage of Air France Flight 447, which crashed in June 2009, killing 228 people, is found in the Atlantic Ocean. (AP via MSNBC)
- A presidential election takes place in Kazakhstan, with President Nursultan Nazarbayev winning 95% of the vote. (RIA Novosti)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev orders Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to remove his deputies on the boards of state companies by 1 July. (BBC)
- Guido Westerwelle, the Foreign Minister of Germany, resigns as leader of the Free Democrats following recent poor electoral performances. (''Financial Times'')
- Among the rising concerns about the water quality in Hanoi's Hoan Kiem Lake, its giant sacred turtle is captured for study and (possibly) medical treatment. Reuters
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 April 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Palermo : 4 - 0
- Cesena - Fiorentina : 2 - 2
- Chievo - Sampdoria : 0 - 0
- Genoa - Cagliari : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Nurnberg : 1 - 0
- Wolfsburg - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Munich 1860 : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Paderborn : 2 - 0
- Oberhausen - Union Berlin : 0 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Santander : 1 - 2
- La Coruna - Mallorca : 2 - 1
- Levante - Malaga : 3 - 1
- Osasuna - Ath Madrid : 2 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?