Monday 3 May 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lewis .
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1920 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- John Lewis: American jazz pianist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2001).
- A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- Polish–Soviet War: Polish troops occupy Kiev. The government of the Ukrainian People's Republic returns to the city.
- Mexican Revolution: Venustiano Carranza leaves Mexico City in a large train.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?