Monday 3 May 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lewis (pianist) and John Lewis.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1920 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- John Lewis (pianist)
- John Lewis: American jazz pianist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2001).
- A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- Polish–Soviet War: Polish troops occupy Kiev. The government of the Ukrainian People's Republic returns to the city.
- Mexican Revolution: Venustiano Carranza leaves Mexico City in a large train.