Tuesday 3 September 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Macha Méril and Pauline Collins.
Up in the Air, directed by Howard Bretherton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1940 ?
- Macha Méril
- Pauline Collins: British actress who won international acclaim for "Shirley Valentine.
- Maxime Gremetz
- Eduardo Galeano: Uruguayan journalist, writer and novelist.
- Paul Loverde: American ecclesiastical, ordained a Roman Catholic priest and known for his conservative views.
- Brian Lochore: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Macha Meril: French actress born to Vladimir Gagarine, a Russian prince.
- Felipe Pirela: Venezuelan singer, known as "El bolero singer of America.
- Frank Duffy: English architect.
- 1st showing of high definition color TV
- 39.4 CM rainfall at Sapulpa Oklahoma (state record)
- Netherlands government in exile of Gerbrandy forms London
- Sicherheits police bans Freemasons, Rotary, and Red Cross
- US gives Britain 50 destroyers in exchange for Newfoundland base lease