Tuesday 3 September 1940US date format: 9/3/1940, UK date format: 3/9/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Macha Méril and Pauline Collins.
No Time for Comedy, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1940 ?
- Macha Méril
- Pauline Collins: British actress who won international...
- Maxime Gremetz
- Eduardo Galeano: Uruguayan journalist, writer and...
- Paul Loverde: American ecclesiastical, ordained a...
- Brian Lochore: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Macha Meril: French actress born to Vladimir...
- Felipe Pirela: Venezuelan singer, known as "El bolero...
- Frank Duffy: English architect.
- 1st showing of high definition color TV
- 39.4 CM rainfall at Sapulpa Oklahoma (state record)
- Netherlands government in exile of Gerbrandy forms London
- Sicherheits police bans Freemasons, Rotary, and Red Cross
- US gives Britain 50 destroyers in exchange for Newfoundland base lease