Tuesday 3 September 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Collins and Eduardo Galeano.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1940 ?
- Pauline Collins: British actress who won international acclaim for "Shirley Valentine.
- Eduardo Galeano: Uruguayan journalist, writer and novelist.
- Paul Loverde: American ecclesiastical, ordained a Roman Catholic priest and known for his conservative views.
- Macha Meril: French actress born to Vladimir Gagarine, a Russian prince.
- Felipe Pirela: Venezuelan singer, known as "El bolero singer of America.
- 1st showing of high definition color TV
- 39.4 CM rainfall at Sapulpa Oklahoma (state record)
- Netherlands government in exile of Gerbrandy forms London
- Sicherheits police bans Freemasons, Rotary, and Red Cross
- US gives Britain 50 destroyers in exchange for Newfoundland base lease
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?