Saturday 28 September 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alekander Sergeyevich Ivanchenkov and Aleksandr Y Kalery.
Under Texas Skies, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1940 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Alekander Sergeyevich Ivanchenkov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 29 / 31, T-6).
- Aleksandr Y Kalery: Russian Cosmonaut.
- George Greenstein: Author (Secret of a Jewish Baker).
- Marcel Puget: France sport Champion.
- Bud Brennan, a fan at Memorial Stadium, races out of stands and attempts to tackle Tom Harmon at 3-yard line, Harmon easily evades Brennan
- Nazi occupiers present New Dutch Culture in German