Thursday 5 September 1940US date format: 9/5/1940, UK date format: 5/9/1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Raquel Welch and Lewis Spratlan.
No Time for Comedy, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1940 ?
- Raquel Welch: American actress with a gorgeous body,...
- William Devane: Actor.
- Lewis Spratlan: Composer.
- Raquel Welch in Chicago: Illinois, USA; (Myra Breckenridge,...
- Valerie Howarth: Baroness Howarth of Breckland English...
- WWII: Commerce raiding German auxiliary cruiser ''Komet'' enters the Pacific Ocean via the Bering Strait after crossing the Arctic Ocean from the North Sea with the help of Soviet icebreakers ''Lenin'', ''Stalin'', and ''Kaganovich''.
- Treaty of Craiova: Romania loses Southern Dobrudja to Bulgaria.
- WWII: The Blitz ndash Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London (the first of 57 consecutive nights of strategic bombing).
- In Lascaux, France, 17,000-year-old cave paintings are discovered by a group of young Frenchmen hiking through Southern France. The paintings depict animals and date to the Stone Age.
- The Hercules Munitions Plant in Succasunna-Kenvil, New Jersey explodes, killing 55 people.