Monday September 09, 1940
US date format: 9/9/1940, UK date format: 9/9/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joe Negroni and Hugh Morgan.
King of the Royal Mounted, directed by John English, William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 09, 1940?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- See more
- 28 German aircraft shot down above England
- 60th US Mens Tennis: W D McNeill beats Robert L Riggs (46 68 63 63 75)
- George Stibitz pioneers the first remote operation of a computer.