Monday 9 September 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Negroni and Hugh Morgan.
Kleider machen Leute, directed by Helmut Käutner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1940 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Joe Negroni: Rock vocalist (Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers).
- Hugh Morgan: Australian businessman.
- Jaime Blanch
- 28 German aircraft shot down above England
- 60th US Mens Tennis: W D McNeill beats Robert L Riggs (46 68 63 63 75)
- George Stibitz pioneers the first remote operation of a computer.