Tuesday 10 September 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yevgeni Nikolayevich Khludeyev and Roy Ayers in Louisiana.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1940 ?
- Yevgeni Nikolayevich Khludeyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Roy Ayers in Louisiana: USA; disco jazz artist ("Fever", "You Send Me").
- Robert Buell: American homicide, a serial rapist and molester, stalker and sexual exhibitionist and finally, a killer of two young girls.
- Roy Ayers: American singer-songwriter keyboard player vibraphonist and producer.
- Buck Buchanan: NFL defensive lineman (KC Chiefs), dies at 51.
- Bob Chance: American baseball player (d. 2013)
- Buckingham Palace hit by German bomb
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?