Tuesday 10 September 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 10, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Buell and Roy Ayers.
Kleider machen Leute, directed by Helmut Käutner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1940 ?
- Robert Buell: American homicide, a serial rapist and molester, stalker and sexual exhibitionist and finally, a killer of two young girls.
- Roy Ayers: American singer-songwriter keyboard player vibraphonist and producer.
- Yevgeni Nikolayevich Khludeyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Roy Ayers in Louisiana: USA; disco jazz artist ("Fever", "You Send Me").
- Buck Buchanan: NFL defensive lineman (KC Chiefs), dies at 51.
- Bob Chance: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- Buckingham Palace hit by German bomb