Friday 27 September 1940US date format: 9/27/1940, UK date format: 27/9/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Font and Roger van Hool.
Under Texas Skies, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1940 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Patrick Font: French stand-up comic, famous for many...
- Roger van Hool
- Benoni Beheyt
- Philippe Forquet: French actor and the son of a wealthy...
- Josephine Barstow: English soprano and actress.
- Walter Benjamin: German literary critic, philosopher,...
- 55 German aircrafts shot down above England
- Floyd Giebells, 1st game, 2-0 pennant clinching beating Bob Feller
- Nazi-Germany, Italy and Japan sign 10 year formal alliance (Axis)
- Black leaders protest discrimination in US armed forces.
- In Berlin, Germany, Japanese premier Prince Fumimaro Konoye and Italian and German officials sign the Tripartite Pact defensive alliance. Each nation pledges mutual support in the event of attack by a power not presently involved in the European or Chinese-Japanese conflict. The intent is to keep the United States out of the war.
- World War II: The Tripartite Pact is signed in Berlin by Germany, Japan and Italy.