Monday 2 September 1940US date format: 9/2/1940, UK date format: 2/9/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 2, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Régis Debray and Alain Deloche.
No Time for Comedy, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1940 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Régis Debray: French journalist, philosopher, and...
- Alain Deloche: French surgeon, a former member of...
- Jimmy Clanton in Baton Rogue: Louisiana, USA; rock vocalist ("Just a...
- Pippo Franco: Italian actor, comedian, television...
- Beverly Sanders in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Lotsa Luck,...
- Jack White: German-born producer of disco and pop...
- Jimmy Clanton: American singer.
- James Keyes: American finance accountant and CEO in...
- Mike Pyne: Jazz Pianist.
- 23rd PGA Championship: Byron Nelson at Hershey Country Club - Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park dedicated
- The US and Great Britain sign a deal in which the US will gain the lease of naval and air bases in Newfoundland, islands of Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Trinidad, Antigua, and British Guiana, in exchange for fifty naval destroyers.