Sunday 29 September 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Knapp and Mike Eischeid.
Dreaming Out Loud, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1940 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jimmy Knapp: Scottish Union leader, the General Secretary of the National Union of Railwaymen.
- John Dawes: Rugby coach.
- Mike Eischeid: NFL punter (Oakland Raiders).
- Nicola Di Bari: Italian singer-songwriter and actor, considered one of the "sacred monsters" of Italian pop music.
- Brute Force: American singer-songwriter.
- Carlos Troncoso: Dominican politician 34th Vice President of the Dominican Republic (d. 2014).
- Double or Nothing, a radio quiz show, 1st heard on Mutual Radio Net
- Strike Up Band, opens
- 1st US Merchant ship Booker T Washington commanded by a black captain (Hugh Mulzac) launched at Wilmington, Delaware