Thursday 4 April 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jephan de Villiers and Bijan.
Terry and the Pirates, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1940 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Jephan de Villiers
- Bijan: Iran -- Mens apparel designer (Beverly Hills, NYC, London).
- Robby Mueller: Cinematographer (Breaking the Waves, Dead Man, Korczak).
- Frances Mayes: Educator.
- Richard Attwood: English race car driver.
- Sharon Sheeley: American singer-songwriter (d. 2002).
- Vladimir Timofeyevich Isakov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.