Thursday 18 April 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Garvey and Joseph L Goldstein in Sumter.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1940 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Ed Garvey: Labor leader (Major League Baseball Players Association).
- Joseph L Goldstein in Sumter: South Carolina, USA; physician (Nobel Prize 1985).
- Ira von Furstenberg [Virginia Caroline] in Rome: Italy; Princess (Monaco).
- Skip Stephenson in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; comedian (Real People).
- Ira Fürstenberg: Italian noted family and the daughter of Clara Agnelli, she was raised in a privileged childhood.
- Joseph Goldstein: American biochemist and geneticist Nobel Prize laureate
- Jaak Lipso: Estonian basketball player and coach
- Mike Vickers: English guitarist saxophonist and songwriter (Manfred Mann and The Manfreds)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?