Thursday 18 April 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ira von Fürstenberg and Joseph L Goldstein in Sumter.
Ein Robinson, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1940 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Ira von Fürstenberg
- Joseph L Goldstein in Sumter: South Carolina, USA; physician (Nobel Prize 1985).
- Ira von Furstenberg [Virginia Caroline] in Rome: Italy; Princess (Monaco).
- Skip Stephenson in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; comedian (Real People).
- Ed Garvey: Labor leader (Major League Baseball Players Association).
- Joseph Goldstein: American biochemist and geneticist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jaak Lipso: Estonian basketball player and coach.
- Mike Vickers: English guitarist saxophonist and songwriter (Manfred Mann and The Manfreds).
- Ira Fürstenberg: Italian noted family and the daughter of Clara Agnelli, she was raised in a privileged childhood.