Saturday 13 April 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lester Chambers in Flora and JMG Le Clezio.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1940 ?
- Lester Chambers in Flora: Mississippi, USA; vocalist (Chambers Brothers - "Time Has Come Today").
- JMG Le Clezio: French novelist, Nobel laureate in Literature.
- Jean-Marie Le Clézio: French author and professor.
- Jean Le Clezio: France Writer.
- Mike Beuttler: Egyptian-English race car driver (d. 1988).
- Lester Chambers: American singer-songwriter (The Chambers Brothers)
- Vladimir Cosma: Romanian composer and conductor
- J Le Clézio: French author and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Jim McNab: Scottish footballer (d. 2006)
- Max Mosley: English race car driver and engineer co-founded March Engineering
- 2nd battle of Narvik-8 German destroyers, destroyed
- Cornelious Warmerdam becomes the first man to pole vault 15 feet, Berkeley, California.
- Stanley Cup: New York Rangers beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 4 games to 2.
- The New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup. It would be another 54 years before their next win.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?