Friday 12 April 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbie Hancock and Bashir Ahmad.
Two Girls on Broadway, directed by S. Sylvan Simon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1940 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Herbie Hancock: American musician and composer.
- Herbie Hancock in Chicago: Illinois, USA; pianist ("I Thought it was You").
- Bashir Ahmad: Indian-Bangladeshi singer (d. 2014).
- Woodie Fryman: American baseball player (d. 2011).
- John Hagee: American pastor and televangelist.
- NFL cuts clipping penalty from 25 yards to 15 yards.
- Italy annexes Albania.