Sunday 21 April 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Souleymane Cisse and Robby Dale.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1940 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Souleymane Cisse: Director (Waati, Yeelen, Finye, Baara).
- Robby Dale: British-Dutch disk jockey; resident of Holland.
- Bill Faul: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants between 1962 and 1970.
- Iain Mills: Scottish politician and Member of Parliament, returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Jacques Caron: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Souleymane Cissé: Malian director producer and screenwriter
- 1st $64 Question, Take It or Leave It, on CBS Radio
- Netherlands beats Belgium 4-2 in soccer.
- First $64 Question, "Take It or Leave It", on CBS Radio.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?