Sunday 21 April 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iain Mills and Robby Dale.
Ein Robinson, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1940 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Iain Mills: Scottish politician and Member of Parliament, returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Souleymane Cisse: Director (Waati, Yeelen, Finye, Baara).
- Robby Dale: British-Dutch disk jockey; resident of Holland.
- Bill Faul: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants between 1962 and 1970.
- Jacques Caron: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Souleymane Cissé: Malian director producer and screenwriter.
- 1st $64 Question, Take It or Leave It, on CBS Radio
- Netherlands beats Belgium 4-2 in soccer.
- First $64 Question, "Take It or Leave It", on CBS Radio.