Friday 26 April 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgio Moroder and Piet Pauw.
My Favorite Wife, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1940 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Giorgio Moroder: Italian musician, a composer of pulsing, synthesized scores for films and a producer of albums showcasing popular artists.
- Piet Pauw: Belgian lawyer, Chairman of T.A.
- Harry Fielder: English actor and stuntman.
- Molvi Ansari: Indian cleric and politician (d. 2014).
- Cliff Watson: British rugby league footballer.
- Carl Bosch: German chemist, engineer, industrialist.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?