Tuesday 9 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Sautter and Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 April 1940 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Christian Sautter
- Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Hans-Joachim Reske: German sprinter.
- Jim Roberts: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2015).
- Mrs Patrick Campbell: English actress (Outcast Lady, Riptide).
- Germany invades Norway and Denmark during WWII (Denmark surrenders)
- World War II: Operation Weserubung : Germany invades Denmark and Norway.
- Opening day at Jamaica Racetrack features the use of pari-mutuel betting equipment, a departure from bookmaking heretofore used exclusively throughout New York state. Other NY tracks follow suit later in 1940.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?