Tuesday 2 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Penelope Keith and Adrien Zeller.
Terry and the Pirates, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1940 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Penelope Keith: British actress (Norman Conquests, Priest of Love).
- Adrien Zeller: French politician, who served as State Secretary of the Social Security in the second Jacques Chirac government from 1986 to 1988.
- Michel Bourgeois (politician)
- Michel Prada: French senior government official, chair of the financial market authority.
- Mike Hailwood: English motorcycle racer (d. 1981).
- Donald Jackson: Canadian figure skater and coach.
- Peter Haining: Writer / editor (Anatomy of Witchcraft).
- Foster Friess: Businessman.
- Walt Disney Productions first offers shares in the company to the public. 155,000 shares of preferred stock are offered at US$25 per share, and 600,000 of common stock for US$5 per share. US$3.5 million is raised from the stock offering.