Sunday 7 April 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Sentier and Gabriel Montcharmont.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 April 1940 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Jean-Pierre Sentier
- Gabriel Montcharmont
- Jan Wilhelm Morthenson: Composer.
- Patricia Paay: Dutch singer ("You are not hip").
- Jean Sentier: French supporting actor, known for fine work in strange and shady roles; seen mainly on French TV.
- Marju Lauristin: Estonian academic and politician 1st Estonian Minister of Social Affairs.
- 1st black to appear on US stamp (Booker T Washington)
- 7th Golf Masters Championship: Jimmy Demaret beats Lloyd Mangrum, shooting a 280.
- Booker T. Washington becomes the first African American to be depicted on a United States postage stamp.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?