Tuesday 16 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margrethe II of Denmark and Paul Cox.
Ein Robinson, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1940 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Margrethe II of Denmark
- Paul Cox: Actor (Exile, Golden Braid, Touch Me).
- Queen Margrethe: II of Denmark.
- Stephen Lawrence Pruslin: Composer.
- Lord Camoys: deputy CEO (Barclays de Zoete Wedd).
- Benoit Bouchard: Canadian politician.
- Margrethe: Danish royal family, the Queen of Denmark, an artist and archaeologist.
- Margrethe II of Denmark: Royalty.
- Joan Snyder: American artist, a painter.
- Margrethe II: Royalty.
- Benoît Bouchard: Canadian academic and politician 18th Canadian Minister of Transport.
- Margaret Maden: English academic.
- Thomas Stonor: 7th Baron Camoys English banker and politician Lord Chamberlain of the United Kingdom.
- Garry Roggenburk: American baseball player, a pitcher with the Minnesota Twins (1963, 1965-1967), Boston Red Sox (1967-1969) and Seattle Pilots (1969).
- 1st televised baseball game, WGN-TV, (White Sox vs. Cubs exhibition)
- Cleveland Indians' Bob Feller hurls an opening day no-hitter versus Chicago, 1-0.