Saturday 4 April 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Fourniret and Kitty Kelley.
Kid Glove Killer, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1942 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Michel Fourniret: French serial killer who confessed in June and July 2004 to kidnapping, raping and murdering nine girls in a span of 14 years from the 1980s to the 2000s.
- Kitty Kelley: American scandalmonger author of unauthorized celebrity biographies, including "Jackie Oh!" in 1978, "The Last Star," about Elizabeth Taylor, in 1981, and "His Way: Frank Sinatra" in 1986.
- Adi Godrej: Businessman.
- Kris Jensen: Rocker.
- Jean-Marie Benoist: French philosopher, writer and academic.
- Wayne Newton: Musician.
- Robert Sczepaniak
- Jim Fregosi: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Elizabeth Levy: American author.
- Tom Fisher: American baseball player, right-handed pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles from 1967-1969.
- Marsha Mason: Actress.