Sunday 12 April 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Zuma and Carlos Reutemann.
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1942 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Jacob Zuma: President of South Africa.
- Carlos Reutemann: Argentinian race car driver and politician Governor of Santa Fe.
- Jan Daele: Belgian writer.
- Daniel Winslow Schmidt: Composer.
- Frank Bank: American actor (d. 2013).
- Bill Bryden: British stage and film director and screenwriter.
- Frank Bank in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Lumpy - Leave it to Beaver).
- Johannes E Akkeringa: Dutch Painter / etcher, dies at 80.
- Japan kills about 400 Filipino officers in Bataan.
- 9th Golf Masters Championship: Byron Nelson wins, shooting a 280.