Monday 27 April 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Buck and Jim Keltner.
The Panther's Claw, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1942 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- John Buck: New Zealand vintner, the first person in the New Zealand wine industry to ever be awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Lincoln University for his contribution to the industry, given at a ceremony on 4/27/2001.
- Jim Keltner: American drummer (Traveling Wilburys Plastic Ono Band and Delaney & Bonnie and Friends).
- Gordon Roddick: English cosmetic manufacturer (Body Shop).
- April Glaspie: Diplomat.
- Ruth Glick: American author.
- Vittorio Cecchi Gori: Italian film producer and politician, the son of Mario Cecchi Gori.
- Valeri Vladimirovich Polyakov Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-6: TM-18).
- Tornado destroys Pryor, Oklahoma, USA killing 100, injuring 300.
- Belgium Jews are forced to wear stars.
- WWII: A national plebiscite is held in Canada on the issue of conscription.
- The Jewish Star of David is required wearing for all Jews in the Netherlands and Belgium. Other Jews in Nazi countries have been wearing it for longer.