Friday 4 April 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Frantz and Pierre Autin-Grenier.
New Orleans, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1947 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Jacques Frantz
- Pierre Autin-Grenier
- Salvatore Sciarrino: Composer.
- James A Brunolte
- Luke Halpin: American actor and stuntman.
- Ray Fosse: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Wiranto : Retired Indonesian army general, he made an unsuccesful bid for the country's presidency in 2004 representing Indonesia's largest party, Golkar.
- James Brunolte: American military man who volunteered for service in Vietnam, where he lost both legs, one arm and one eye.
- William O'Donnell: Irish politician (Born ?).
- Convention on International Civil Aviation goes into effect
- Largest group of sunspots on record
- International Civil Aviation Organization
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Mam'selle