Saturday 12 April 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Letterman and Tom Clancy.
New Orleans, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1947 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- David Letterman: American contemporary humorist and talk show host, the winner of an Emmy as Best Host and Best Writer for a Daytime Variety Series, "The David Letterman Show," 1981.
- Tom Clancy: American author best known for his technically detailed espionage and military science storylines that are set during and in the aftermath of the Cold War, along with video games which bear his name for licensing and promotional purposes.
- Larry Cannon
- Dan Lauria: American actor.
- Antonin Kratochvil: Czech-born American photographer.
- Richard Sharp: American executive and CEO of Circuit City (145 Stores), a nationwide electronics, appliances, computers and small mercantile retailer.
- Roy Anderson: English epidemiologist zoologist and academic.
- Peter Riegert: Actor.
- Alex Briley: American singer (Village People).
- Woody Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist.
- Wayne Northrop: American actor.
- Martin Brasier: English palaeontologist biologist and academic (d. 2014).
- Meshach Taylor: Actor.
- David Letterman in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; comedian (Late Night).
- Wayne Northrop in Sumner: Washington, USA; actor (Michael - Dynasty).
- Christian F L Leipoldt: South African writer (Die Moormansgat).