Saturday 12 April 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Letterman in Indianapolis and Wayne Northrop in Sumner.
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1947 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- David Letterman in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; comedian (Late Night).
- Wayne Northrop in Sumner: Washington, USA; actor (Michael - Dynasty).
- Antonin Kratochvil: Czech-born American photographer.
- Tom Clancy: American author best known for his technically detailed espionage and military science storylines that are set during and in the aftermath of the Cold War, along with video games which bear his name for licensing and promotional purposes.
- David Letterman: American contemporary humorist and talk show host, the winner of an Emmy as Best Host and Best Writer for a Daytime Variety Series, "The David Letterman Show," 1981.
- Richard Sharp: American executive and CEO of Circuit City (145 Stores), a nationwide electronics, appliances, computers and small mercantile retailer. Sharp taught himself computer programming while in the Air Force and attended college at the University of Virginia.
- Roy Anderson: English epidemiologist zoologist and academic
- Martin Brasier: English palaeontologist biologist and academic (d. 2014)
- Alex Briley: American singer (Village People)
- Woody Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist
- Dan Lauria: American actor
- Wayne Northrop: American actor
- Christian F L Leipoldt: South African writer (Die Moormansgat).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Roses in the Rain - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?