Tuesday 8 April 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Kiyosaki and Tom Delay.
New Orleans, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1947 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Robert Kiyosaki: American businessman co-founded Cashflow Technologies.
- Tom Delay
- Pascal Lamy: French political consultant and businessman.
- Steve Howe (guitarist)
- Hou Hsiao-Hsien
- Alain Cousin
- Ray Wilson
- Cindy Pickett in Norman: Oklahoma, USA; actress (Guiding Light, St. Elsewhere).
- Larry Norman: American musician, singer, songwriter and producer (Born 1947).
- Steve Howe: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Yes Asia Tomorrow GTR and Bodast).
- Hsiao-hsien Hou: Dir (Cheerful Wind, City of Sadness, Puppetmaster).
- Steve Howe in London: England; rock guitarist (Asia, Yes - "Roundabout").
- Thomas D Delay American politician (Representative-Republican-Texas: 1985-).
- Gerald McRaney in Collins: Mississippi, USA; actor (Rick - Simon and Simon, Major Dad).
- Tom DeLay: American politician, member of the Republican Party, a conservative in the House of Representatives.
- Henry Ford: American entrepreneur and noted family, the eldest son of Edsel Bryant Ford and grandson of industrial tycoon Henry Ford.
- Largest recorded sunspots (7,000) observed.