Saturday 4 June 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Macari and Gabriel Arcand.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1949 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Lou Macari: Scottish footballer.
- Gabriel Arcand: Canadian actor with noted family member, he is film director Denys Arcand's brother.
- Maria Canins: Italian racing cyclist who twice won and came second three times in the Grande Boucle.
- Rick Ridding: Canadian astrologer, studied with the Canadian Church of Light.
- Mark Murro: Newark sports Champions.
- Mark Cohen: American lawyer and politician
- Cavalcade of Stars debuts (DuMont)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Hucklebuck - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?