Sunday 5 June 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Carlier and Didier Houssin.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Greatest Story Ever Told by Fulton Oursler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1949 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Guy Carlier: French author and radio and television chronicler.
- Didier Houssin: French business leader in the energy sustainability industry, who serves as Director of Sustainable Energy Policy and Technology (SPT) at the International Energy Agency.
- Ken Follett: Welsh author.
- Elizabeth Gloster: English lawyer and judge.
- Alexander Scrymgeour: 12th Earl of Dundee Scottish politician.
- Thailand elects Orapin Chaiyakan, the first Thai female member of Thailand's Parliament.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Hucklebuck - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?