Saturday 18 June 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Hollendorfer and William Randolph Hearst III.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1949 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Jerry Hollendorfer: Horse trainer.
- William Randolph Hearst III: Publisher / editor.
- Prince Lincoln Thompson: Jamaican musician (d. 1999).
- Jaros?aw Kaczynski: Polish politician.
- Christian Bonnet: French artisan who designs and makes luxury eyewear for the Maison Bonnet fashion house.
- Jaroslaw Kaczynski: Polish politician, Prime Minister from July 2005-November 2006. He was appointed to the post by his brother and twin, who was President. Jaroslaw was not elected at the end of the term.
- Lech Kaczynski: Polish President, a twin, he was elected to the country's presidency in October 2005 after a long career in politics including a stint as Mayor of Warsaw.
- Chris Van Allsburg: American author and illustrator
- Jarosław Kaczyński: Polish lawyer and politician 13th Prime Minister of Poland
- Lech Kaczyński: Polish lawyer and politician 4th President of Poland (d. 2010)
- Lincoln Thompson: Jamaican singer-songwriter (The Tartans) (d. 1999)
- Along Fifth Avenue closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 180 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?