Sunday 4 February 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aga Yahya Khan and Jacques Pélissier.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1917 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Aga Yahya Khan: Pakistan -- Military / politician.
- Jacques Pélissier: French senior government official, who served as the president of SNCF (Société nationale des chemins de fer français; "National society of French railways" or "French National Railway Company") from 1975 to 1981.
- Yahya Khan: Pakistan general and politician 3rd President of Pakistan (d. 1980).
- Belgium Council of Flanders established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Give Me All of You - Charles Harrison & Nanette Flack
- Love, Here is My Heart! - John McCormack
- Gems from Miss Springtime - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?