Sunday 4 February 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Schuck and George A Romero.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1940 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- John Schuck: American actor.
- George A Romero: American director, screenwriter and producer.
- George Romero: Director.
- Nikolai Yezhov: Head of Soviet NKVD (Born 1895).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 February 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?