Monday 4 November 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 4, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daisy de Galard and Henri Gault.
The Kiss, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1929 ?
- Daisy de Galard
- Henri Gault: French food journalist and co-founder of the Gault Millau guides, who invented the phrase "nouvelle cuisine", though later he claimed to regret it.
- Shakuntala Devi: Indian writer and mental calculator, popularly known as the "human computer".
- Leopold Gratz: Austrian politician, a member of the Austrian Social Democratic Party.
- de Galard: Tendron Journalist.
- Henry Gault: Pacy sur Eure EXecutives.
- Jimmy Piersall baseball player (Boston Red Sox: Washington Senators, Cleveland Indians).
- Emilio Bermúdez: Spanish clown singer and accordion player (d. 2012).
- Shaike Ophir: Israeli actor and screenwriter (d. 1987).
- Dickie Valentine: English singer guitarist and actor (d. 1971).
- Anastasios of Albania : Greek-Albanian archbishop.
- Charles Baxter: American medical doctor, who was one of the doctors who unsuccessfully tried to save John F. Kennedy after he was shot in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963.