Monday 4 November 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Piersall baseball player (Boston Red Sox and Charles Baxter.
The Trespasser, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1929 ?
- Jimmy Piersall baseball player (Boston Red Sox: Washington Senators, Cleveland Indians).
- Charles Baxter: American medical doctor, who was one of the doctors who unsuccessfully tried to save John F. Kennedy after he was shot in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963.
- Shakuntala Devi: Indian writer and mental calculator, popularly known as the "human computer".
- Henri Gault: French food journalist and co-founder of the Gault Millau guides, who invented the phrase "nouvelle cuisine", though later he claimed to regret it.
- Leopold Gratz: Austrian politician, a member of the Austrian Social Democratic Party.
- de Galard: Tendron Journalist
- Henry Gault: Pacy sur Eure EXecutives
- Anastasios of Albania : Greek-Albanian archbishop
- Emilio Bermúdez: Spanish clown singer and accordion player (d. 2012)
- Shaike Ophir: Israeli actor and screenwriter (d. 1987)
- Dickie Valentine: English singer guitarist and actor (d. 1971)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 November 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?