Thursday 28 April 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Blitz, directed by Elliott Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Jesus Of Nazareth by Joseph Ratzinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Pixel Racing or Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 April 2011 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 April
- At least 2 people are killed when a bomb explodes on a Pakistan Navy bus taking employees to work in Karachi. (AP via MSNBC)
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Bahraini forces fire live rounds at civilians in Sitra as part of its crackdown on protests against the regime, assisted by Saudi Arabia. Video footage emerges showing the use of poison gas against civilians. (Press TV)
- A Bahraini military court passes its first verdicts on Bahrain's uprising, sentencing four protesters to death and three to life imprisonment for their part in a pro-democracy rally last month. (BBC)
- The King of Saudi Arabia cancels his trip to Bahrain over fears that the people of Bahrain may become irritated by his presence after he assisted in the regime's violent crackdown. (''Tehran Times'')
- The UK's Oxford Aviation Academy suspends 7 trainee airline pilots after the Bahraini regime orders that they be sent home immediately for participating in a peaceful demonstration in London against their government's attacks on civilians. (''The Guardian'')
- The dispute over the 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix, postponed in February as it coincided with the protests, takes another twist when Bernie Ecclestone proposes an extension to the 1 May deadline for a final decision concerning its happening. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- More than 200 members of Syria's ruling Ba'ath Party resign over President Bashar al-Assad's repression of protesters. (''The Telegraph'')
- Syrian ambassador to the United Kingdom Dr Sami Khiyami's invitation to tomorrow's wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton is withdrawn after British officials deem it ampquotinappropriateampquot for him to attend as a crackdown on dissent continues. Khiyami describes it as all ampquota bit embarrassingampquot. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: A NATO airstrike kills at least 11 people rising up against Muammar Gaddafi's forces in the besieged Libyan port of Misrata. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: Thousands of people demonstrate in unity nationwide in condemnation of a violent government crackdown that killed at least 13 civilians in Sanaa. (Al Jazeera)
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter, after visiting North Korea, calls on the U.S. and South Korea to stop starving the North Koreans and accuses the U.S. and South Korea of violating the human rights of the North Korean people. Carter also says Kim Jong-il is willing to hold unconditional talks with South Korea, though current U.S. officials dismiss the visit of their former president to North Korea as ampquotstrictly privateampquot. (BBC)
- At least 15 people are killed and at least 20 others are injured after a bomb tears through the Argana cafe in Marrakesh's main Djemaa el-Fna square. (Al Jazeera)
- Protesters riot in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, after the arrest of the opposition leader, Kizza Besigye for the fourth time in two weeks. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Thailand announces that it will send more troops to its border with Cambodia after a seventh day of fighting near the disputed Preah Vihear Temple that has killed 15 people. (AP via Yahoo News)
- U.S. president Barack Obama nominates General David Petraeus, current head of the war on Afghanistan, as his new CIA chief, and names outgoing CIA chief Leon Panetta as head of The Pentagon. (BBC)
- U.S. retail giant Wal-Mart vows increased sales of weapons, including rifles and shotguns. (CNN)
- Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir vows not to recognise South Sudan if it tries to claim oil-producing Abyei. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.83
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $101.93
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $87.91
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.22
- 1 CHF = 7.4402 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8396 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9187 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.106 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?