Thursday 26 February 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Alda and Robert Alda New York City.
The Extraordinary Adventures of Saturnino Farandola, directed by Marcel Fabre, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Salamander by Owen Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1914 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Robert Alda: American-born actor (Dan Lewis - Supertrain), dies at age 72 (born 1914).
- Robert Alda New York City: New York; actor (Dan Lewis- Supertrain, By Popular Demand).
- Witold Rowicki: composer.
- New York Museum of Science and Industry incorporated.
- HMHS Britannic, sister to the RMS Titanic, is launched at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down in Chattanooga - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Along Came Ruth - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?