Saturday 5 October 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard F Gordon and Marc Pierret.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1929 ?
- Richard F Gordon: Jr.
- Marc Pierret
- Pamela Church: British athlete, the goalie for the Streatham Felines, a woman's ice-hockey team.
- Richard Gordon: American astronaut who made two flights in space as an astronaut, logging 244 hours in space.
- Marcel Assire: France sport Champion.
- Autherine Lucy: 1st black to enroll in University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa.
- Bill Wirtz: American ice hockey executive (d. 2007).
- Fred Feast: English actor (Born 1929).
- Richard F Gordon Jr in Seattle: Washington, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 11, Apollo 12).
- Skip Homeier: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Beachhead, Dan Raven, Interns).