Saturday 5 October 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 5, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard F Gordon and Marc Pierret.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1929 ?
- Richard F Gordon: Jr.
- Marc Pierret
- Pamela Church: British athlete, the goalie for the Streatham Felines, a woman's ice-hockey team.
- Richard Gordon: American astronaut who made two flights in space as an astronaut, logging 244 hours in space.
- Marcel Assire: France sport Champion.
- Autherine Lucy: 1st black to enroll in University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa.
- Bill Wirtz: American ice hockey executive (d. 2007).
- Fred Feast: English actor (Born 1929).
- Richard F Gordon Jr in Seattle: Washington, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 11, Apollo 12).
- Skip Homeier: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Beachhead, Dan Raven, Interns).