Sunday 5 October 1941US date format: 10/5/1941, UK date format: 5/10/1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 5, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Stephanie Cole and Robert Wilson.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1941 ?
- Stephanie Cole: British actress who gained national...
- Robert Wilson: Director.
- Anne Rice: Novelist.
- Roy Blount, Jr.: Writer.
- Eduardo Duhalde: Argentine politician, lawyer and...
- Louis D Brandeis: first Jewish US Supreme Court Justice,...
- Mickey Owens drops a third strike, Tom Hendrick reaches first safely, would have been the last out, instead New York Yankees score 4 and win 7-4.
- Soviet Premier Josef Stalin receives a radio message from spy Richard Sorge in Tokyo, Japan, that Japan would go to war with the United States soon. Stalin orders twelve divisions (1700 tanks, 1500 planes, 2,500,000 men) from eastern Siberia and Outer Mongolia to come to the defense of Moscow.
Sport Games on 5 October 1941
- Brooklyn Dodgers - Washington Redskins : 0 - 3
- Chicago Bears - Cleveland Rams : 48 - 21
- Chicago Cardinals - Green Bay Packers : 13 - 14
- New York Giants - Pittsburgh Steelers : 37 - 10