Sunday October 05, 1941
US date format: 10/5/1941, UK date format: 5/10/1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 5, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Stephanie Cole and Eduardo Duhalde.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 05, 1941?
- Mickey Owens drops a third strike, Tom Hendrick reaches first safely, would have been the last out, instead New York Yankees score 4 and win 7-4.
- Soviet Premier Josef Stalin receives a radio message from spy Richard Sorge in Tokyo, Japan, that Japan would go to war with the United States soon. Stalin orders twelve divisions (1700 tanks, 1500 planes, 2,500,000 men) from eastern Siberia and Outer Mongolia to come to the defense of Moscow.
- Louis D Brandeis: first Jewish US Supreme Court Justice,...
Sport Games on October 05, 1941
- Brooklyn Dodgers - Washington Redskins : 0 - 3
- Chicago Bears - Cleveland Rams : 48 - 21
- Chicago Cardinals - Green Bay Packers : 13 - 14
- New York Giants - Pittsburgh Steelers : 37 - 10