Tuesday 5 September 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Lazenby and Clay Regazzoni.
The Women, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 5 September 1939 ?
- George Lazenby: Australian actor.
- Clay Regazzoni: Swiss race car driver and sportscaster (d. 2006).
- Bill Kilmer
- John Stewart: American musician, a composer and singer in the folk group "The Kingston Trio.
- William Devane
- George Tremlett: English journalist author and politician.
- Claudette Colvin: American civil rights movement leader (Montgomery Bus Boycott).
- William Kilmer: Topeka sports Champions.
- John Stewart in San Diego: California, USA; rocker (Kingston Trio - "Fire in the Wind").
- Cornelis J "Cor" van Ast: Dutch actor / director (Two Boys), dies at 67.
- 34th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Haverford (3-2)
- FDR declares US neutrality at start of WWII in Europe
- US declare itself neutral
- (afternoon) American President Franklin Roosevelt issues a declaration of neutrality.
- WWII: The United States declares its neutrality in the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?