Tuesday 5 September 1939US date format: 9/5/1939, UK date format: 5/9/1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 5, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include George Lazenby and Clay Regazzoni.
Dust Be My Destiny, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1939 ?
- George Lazenby: Australian actor.
- Clay Regazzoni: Swiss race car driver and sportscaster...
- Bill Kilmer
- John Stewart: American musician, a composer and singer...
- William Devane
- George Tremlett: English journalist author and...
- Claudette Colvin: American civil rights movement leader...
- William Kilmer: Topeka sports Champions.
- John Stewart in San Diego: California, USA; rocker (Kingston Trio -...
- Cornelis J "Cor" van Ast: Dutch actor / director (Two Boys), dies...
- 34th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Haverford (3-2)
- FDR declares US neutrality at start of WWII in Europe
- US declare itself neutral
- (afternoon) American President Franklin Roosevelt issues a declaration of neutrality.
- WWII: The United States declares its neutrality in the war.