Thursday 2 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Schenberg and Frederick Fennell Cleveland Ohio.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1914 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Frederick Fennell Cleveland Ohio: conductor (Time and the Winds).
- Mario Schenberg: Brazilian physicist (d. 1990).
- Frederick Fennell: American conductor and educator (d. 2004).
- Ethelreda Leopold: American actress (d. 1988).
- Mário Schenberg: Brazilian physicist and engineer (d. 1990).
- Erich Topp: German submarine commander (Born 1914).
- Joseph Chamberlain: American astronomer and geophysicist who published many works on auroral, airglow and planetary astronomy.
- The German Kaiser announces that he will not attend the Archduke's funeral.