Monday 6 January 1941, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1941, UK date format: 6/1/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Richardson and Philippe Busquin.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1941 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Larry Richardson: American ballet dancer, teacher and...
- Philippe Busquin
- Sandy Denny: country singer (Fairport Convention -...
- Nicole Hassler
- US President Franklin Roosevelt gives "Four Freedoms" speech (speech, worship, from want, and from fear).
- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms Speech in the State of the Union Address.
- The keel of the is laid at the New York Navy Yard in Brooklyn.