Monday January 06, 1941, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1941, UK date format: 6/1/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Larry Richardson and Philippe Busquin.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1941?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- US President Franklin Roosevelt gives "Four Freedoms" speech (speech, worship, from want, and from fear).
- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms Speech in the State of the Union Address.
- The keel of the is laid at the New York Navy Yard in Brooklyn.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial