Friday 6 September 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dow Finsterwald and William Slapin.
The Great Gabbo, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1929 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dow Finsterwald: American pro golfer.
- William Slapin: American jazz musician, an alto saxophone and piccolo player.
- Nicole Francis: France Actor.
- Yash Johar: Indian film producer founded Dharma Productions (d. 2005).
- Ljubov Rebane: Estonian physicist and mathematician (d. 1991).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?