Wednesday January 07, 1942, Orthodox Christmas
US date format: 1/7/1942, UK date format: 7/1/1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 7, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jesse Branson and Danny Steinmann.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 07, 1942?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- WW II siege of Bataan starts
- US and Filipino forces withdraw to Bataan.
- World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
- Henry : Prince of Great Britain, the sixth child...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 07, 1942?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters - The Shrine of St. Cecelia
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial