Wednesday 7 January 1942, Orthodox ChristmasUS date format: 1/7/1942, UK date format: 7/1/1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 7, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Jesse Branson and Vasily Alexeev.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1942 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Jesse Branson
- Vasily Alexeev: Russian weightlifter.
- Paul Revere in Boise: Idaho, USA; keyboardist (Paul Revere and...
- Vasily Alekseyev: Russian-German weightlifter and coach...
- Vasili Alexeyev: USSR -- Weightlifer (1972, 76 Olympics -...
- Danny Steinmann: American director and screenwriter (d....
- Danny Williams: South African singer (Born 1942).
- Jim Lefebvre: American baseball player and manager.
- Henry : Prince of Great Britain, the sixth child...
- WW II siege of Bataan starts
- US and Filipino forces withdraw to Bataan.
- World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.