Sunday 7 July 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Elliott and Joe Spano.
Canyon Passage, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1946 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Anne Elliott: Australian astrologer, editor and publisher of "The Southern Astrologer" from 1997.
- Joe Spano: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Henry Goldblume-Hill St Blues).
- Jamie Wyeth: Artist.
- George W. Bush: President.
- Jean LeClerc: Actor (Jeremy Hunter-All My Children).
- Sylvester Stallone: Actor.
- Joe Spano in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Henry Goldblume - Hill Street Blues).
- Joseph Spano: American actor who played in a TV super-hit cop show, "Hill Street Blues.
- Jim Day: Canada -- Equestrian show jumper (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Peter Singer: Philosopher.
- Howard Hughes nearly dies when his XF-11 spy plane prototype crashes in a Beverly Hills neighborhood.
- Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini becomes the first American to be canonized.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan