Saturday 7 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 7, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Spiesser and Thurman Munson.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1947 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Jacques Spiesser
- Thurman Munson: American hard-working, intense, competitive and, at one time, best all-around catcher in the American League.
- David Blunkett: Politician.
- Trish MacGregor: Born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, T. J. MacGregor is bilingual and feels a deep kinship with South America.
- Don Money: American baseball player and manager.
- Edward Prado: American federal judge.
- The Royal Romanian Army founded, the-now most successful romanian football club, Steaua București, as ''A.S.A. București'' History of FC Steaua.