Friday 7 September 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Feinstein and Diane Warren.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Bad Seed, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Joseph Cotten Show: On Trial.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1956 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Michael Feinstein: American musician, singer, pianist, he is best known for his cabaret-style performances and interpretations of a collection of American jazz, swing, pop and romantic music in what he calls The Great American Songbook.
- Diane Warren: American songwriter whose prolific talent has produced over a thousand songs that, according to one source, earns her over $20 million in royalties each year.
- Byron Stevenson: British footballer (d. 2007).
- Bell X-2 sets unofficial manned aircraft altitude record 126,000+ feet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?