Monday 8 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duke Cunningham and Geoff Hurst.
The Wolf Man, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 December 1941 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Duke Cunningham
- Geoff Hurst: English footballer and manager.
- Randall Cunningham: First Navy Vietnam Ace, American politician.
- Brinkman : American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played with the Washington Senators, Detroit Tigers, St. Louis Cardinals, Texas Rangers, and New York Yankees between 1961 and 1975.
- Cunningham : American politician, called one of the most corrupt Congressmen ever.
- Bob Brown: American football player, offensive tackle.
- Mike Heron: Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist, pan flutist and member of "The Incredible String Band.
- Robert Brown: Cleveland sports Champions.
- Ed Brinkman: American baseball player and coach (d. 2008).
- Bobby Elliott: English drummer (The Hollies).
- Albert J: Evenhuis; Dutch UnderSecretary of Economic (VVD).
- Destruction Camp Chelmo opens
- London: Dutch government declares Japan the war
- San Francisco 1st blackout, at 6:15pm
- US and Britain declare war on Japan, US enters WWII
- Russian 16th army recaptures Krijukovo.
- Japanese bombers and fighters attack Luzon in the Philippine Islands. They destroy many Curtiss P-40 fighters, B-17 bombers, and one of two operational radar stations.
- United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares December 7 to be ''a date which will live in infamy'', after which the U.S. and the Republic of China declare war against Japan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?