Monday 8 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert J and Randall Cunningham.
The Wolf Man, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1941 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Albert J: Evenhuis; Dutch UnderSecretary of Economic (VVD).
- Randall Cunningham: First Navy Vietnam Ace, American politician.
- Brinkman : American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played with the Washington Senators, Detroit Tigers, St. Louis Cardinals, Texas Rangers, and New York Yankees between 1961 and 1975.
- Cunningham : American politician, called one of the most corrupt Congressmen ever.
- Bob Brown: American football player, offensive tackle.
- Mike Heron: Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist, pan flutist and member of "The Incredible String Band." He co-formed the band with Robin Williamson in Glasgow, 1965.
- Robert Brown: Cleveland sports Champions
- Ed Brinkman: American baseball player and coach (d. 2008)
- Bobby Elliott: English drummer (The Hollies)
- Geoff Hurst: English footballer and manager
- Destruction Camp Chelmo opens
- London: Dutch government declares Japan the war
- San Francisco 1st blackout, at 6:15pm
- US and Britain declare war on Japan, US enters WWII
- Russian 16th army recaptures Krijukovo.
- Japanese bombers and fighters attack Luzon in the Philippine Islands. They destroy many Curtiss P-40 fighters, B-17 bombers, and one of two operational radar stations.
- United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares December 7 to be ''a date which will live in infamy'', after which the U.S. and the Republic of China declare war against Japan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?