Sunday 8 December 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard de Villiers and Raymond Séguy.
The Lost Zeppelin, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1929 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Gérard de Villiers
- Raymond Séguy
- Richard Eberling: American transvestite, burglar, forger, alleged murderer, who had a window washing business.
- Goffredo Parise: Italian writer who won prizes and awards for his work in 1965, 1982 and 1983.
- Arnulf Rainer
- Paddy O'Byrne: Irish radio host and actor (d. 2013).
- Joseph Szyjka: France sport Champion.
- Gérard De Villiers: French writer, journalist and editor.